Sunday, February 3, 2008

Go Where Hip Hop Interview with Nikki Jean

GWHH: Who is Nikki Jean, the artist?
NJ: nikki jean the artist is a songwriter who is attracted to the beauty in the ugly truth.

GWHH: Who is Nikki Jean, the person? (likes/dislikes, personality quirks, etc.)
NJ: nikki jean the person. . loves=baking, knitting, good food, FINE chocolate, FINE linens, small spaces. my ex-boyfriends, and complete darkness. dislikes=hate, most seafood, parking tickets I'm running late a lot, I'm clumsy, strangers make me nervous.

GWHH: What has it been like to perform alongside Lupe Fiasco at one of his sold-out shows so far on his tour? Can you recall any crazy or funny stories from your any of your experiences with Lupe in the studio, on tour, or in general throughout your career?
NJ
: Performing alongside of Lupe has been incredible. I mean, great venues thousands of fans. . SOLD OUT shows. . lines around the block. . people waiting for hours. . It's inspiring. It makes me really want to hustle and get my stuff together. The tour has a million funny moments. . but it's not my tour, and I'd prefer to let Mr. Jaco or the FNF family illuminate them as they see fit.

Read the entire interview here.

-- Courtesy gowherehiphop.com

2 comments:

@SeanTheRobot said...

nice find!

interesting interview.

You are like the only one who leaves some comments on my blog...lol

So I thought I post one for you in return.
We Lupe fans gotta stick together.

thanks for linking to my page.
I'll add you to my list, too...if you don't mind.

Sgt. Tibs said...

What up K. Denise? Just browsing the Lupe blogs and came across yours for the 1st time... nice work and thanks for the link about the interview above! We should become permanent affiliates! Lupe is our favorite artist over at Gowhere Hip Hop and we'd love 2 be linked up w/ the finest, specifically Lupe blogs on the web! Let us know in our shoutbox and keep up the good work!