Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The movement is catching speed..

Okay, we all know I don't watch television [well I do, just not music countdown shows] as much as I should so I also didn't know until today that Lupe was still on 106 and #2 at that.

But that my friends is not why I believe the Lupe Fiasco movement is catching on.

I actually got my little [15 year old] brother, who insists on listening to nothing but Lil Wayne, to listen to Lupe the other day. To add to that...it was Dumb It Down! He used to tell me 'turn that mess down/off' when I played Lupe through the house. Then again I would play it all day. That's besides the point though. I got a 15 year old who grew up on mostly bullshit rap to show intrest in and actually like one of the most complicated rap songs ever made.

I had to first tell him the 'my mind's on cloud 9 and in her mind at the same time' line was about head before he would listen to the rest but you gotta do what you gotta do. That is signifcant progress in my eyes and the ends justify the means.

One more thing, my internet down until further notice [damn Verizon]. I just did all this from the Sprint and there are too many updates for me to type out from my cell. So do yourself a favor and check out the FNF blog ring to your right.

Peace...my thumbs hurt.

No comments: