Sunday, February 3, 2008

"Lupe Fiasco forced me to pay attention"

Lu, I am going to be writing and open letter to you pretty soon. You CAN NOT retire. I won't let you. Wait..as long as you do FNF radio forever then I should be fine...i guess...anyway..

This is from a boxing message board.


"I wasn't around for "Protect Your Neck" or "Nothing but a G Thang", but I imagine people felt that same thing I felt when I heard Lupe Fiasco's "Superstar". I was captivated by his lyrical mastery, flow, and how he doesn't need BS filler lyrics complete with gangsta references they themselves aren't really familiar with.

I guess part of it also comes from Matthew Santos' chorus, which really sets the mood. Nonetheless, Lupe Fiasco has my attention, even though I'm mad late on him."


"Yeah, I was shocked too when I first heard Lupe because i didn't expect anything like that from the new schoool of rappers. The presence of guys like that opens the door for more real artists."

Read the entire thing here..

Great stuff.

-- Courtesy Boxing Scene.

No comments: